What we do
We provide end-of-life care, including mental, emotional, physical, social and spiritual support for patients and their families in acute care settings. Services are offered to patients in hospitals, both as inpatients or as outpatients, based on their needs.
Who we see
Anyone diagnosed with a life-limiting illness may be admitted to the Palliative Care Unit in St. John’s, or receive care at hospitals throughout the region.
How to access this service
A referral can be made by a physician or nurse practitioner involved in the client’s care by sending a complete palliative services/symptom management referral form (PDF) to 709-777-8970.
Where we are
Health-care facilities (inpatient)
Health-care facilities (outpatient)
Other hospitals with palliative care beds:
- Bonavista Peninsula Health-Care Centre
- Burin Peninsula Health-Care Centre
- Carbonear General Hospital
- Dr. A.A. Wilkinson Memorial Health Centre
- Dr. G. B. Cross Memorial, Clarenville
- Dr. Walter Templeman Health-Care Centre, Bell Island
- Placentia Health Centre
- U.S. Memorial Health Centre
How to reach us
Palliative care consult team/pain and symptom management: 709-777-7303 or toll-free at 1-855-690-7303
Palliative Care Unit: 709-777-8610 or 709-777-8611