We are now recruiting!
- Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity?
- Have you had experience with palliative care services within the last three years?
- Are you willing to share your experiences with us to make a positive impact in health-care delivery for other clients at Eastern Health?
If you’ve answered yes to ALL of these questions, you can become a client and family advisor (CFA) for palliative care and end-of-life care.
The role of a patient and family advisor is to:
- volunteer his or her time (about one to four hours per month);
- support and encourage others to become involved and/or share information from other Eastern Health patients and families that will support improvements in care;
- participate in a variety of ways to improve care, such as new policy development, facility planning and client surveys;
- bring the patient and family perspective to the discussion table to facilitate organizational decision-making;
- improve communication between patient, families and staff; and to
- attend meetings, planned events, learning opportunities, or focus groups.
How to apply
Visit the Eastern Health volunteer website, or:
Contact the Volunteer Resources Office:
- Call 709-777-4451, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Client and Family-Centred Care:
- Call 709-777-6777, or
- Email email@example.com.
To learn more about other volunteering opportunities at Eastern Health, visit the volunteer website.